Job postings are included in the following websites.
Arts Opportunities is a free resource for artists, students and arts administrators seeking to further their careers in the arts. Let us help you open the window to tomorrow’s opportunity today! This service is brought to you by the Southern Arts Federation.
Art Job Collective
A job search engine created by artists and for artists in New York City Region. This resource helps connect skilled makers with people and businesses that need their talent.
Search our available art jobs: full & part-time employment, internships, grants, public art projects, residencies — you can search by region, art discipline, type of organization, and more! ArtJob members have immediate access to valuable opportunities in the arts that are updated daily. It’s easy to register — you can get started immediately. PAYING SERVICE
Artist’s Resource Center
From the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Check out the link for the Artist’s Resource Center. It takes some searching within the site, but it is there and it is a good resource.
CERF+ is committed to keeping the craft field strong by keeping professional craft artists at work. Good business practices contribute to the likelihood of rebounding from setbacks, whether due to minor mishaps or major emergencies. CERF+ produces live conference presentations and articles on insurance and other topics that help artists strengthen their business practices.
A revolving resource for job opportunities in the ceramics field, as well as broader employment in education, museums and the art world as a whole.
Articles on Art Careers
- A couple suggested reads on what you need to know as you pursue your art career Art / Work and The Practical Handbook for the Emerging Artist.
- Inside Higher Education Article: The Myth of the Starving Artist
- New York Times Article: Right Brain Thinking
- University of Alberta: Creative License
- National Public Radio: “Teachers Make” a difference
- Strategic National Arts Alumni Project: A Diverse Palette – What Art Graduates Say About Their Educations and Careers
- Strategic National Arts Alumni Project: Painting with Broad Strokes: Reassessing the value of an Art Degree
- Fast Company: Is the MFA the new MBA?
- Sustaining Careers – a study by CERF: Crafts Artist Education
- Sustaining Careers – a study by CERF: Crafts Artist Income